Immigration and Green Card Medical Exams in Beverly, Peabody, Salem, and Danvers MA
AFC Urgent Care offers Immigration Physicals (also known as Green Card Physicals) to USCIS applicants in Beverly, Danvers, Peabody, Salem and all of Essex County. The immigration medical exam is a critical requirement in many long-term visa applications and our doctors have been certified as designated civil surgeons in our area to conduct these physicals by USCIS. In fact, our clinic is not only certified to conduct the medical exams required by immigration law, but our doctors have had specific training in how to properly handle your immigration paperwork (I-693) so your file is not delayed due to clerical reasons.
The set of medical tests required in immigration medicals are extremely comprehensive in nature and include, TB testing, urine testing, vaccinations, and general physical wellness checks. Therefore, currently, we cannot offer these exams on a walk-in basis and you should call ahead of time and schedule an appointment with one of our designated civil surgeons. Our staff will help you identify all the documents that you need to bring to your appointment. You may also be asked to complete a return visit in some cases especially if test results are inconclusive and further testing is mandated. The results of your immigration medical exam are relayed to USCIS through form I-693 and patients are also informed of any serious medical concerns revealed in the test.
What to expect
A minimum of two visits are required for each immigration physical.
Visit 1: The first visit can be scheduled any day of the week and is with a Medical Assistant, to review your paperwork and begin some of the required medical testing. During this visit, the Medical Assistant will collect all the necessary documentation and record it on your I-693 form.
Visit 2: The second visit will be with your Civil Surgeon to complete your physical and obtain any necessary immunizations. This is typically scheduled about 5-10 days after the initial visit, in order for lab results to come back.
Additional visits may be necessary depending on the Civil Surgeon schedule and test results. When you come to your appointment, please arrive 30 minutes early for paperwork to be filled out. During the exam, the Civil Surgeon will review health history and conduct a full body examination. For females, a female staff member will be present in the room if there is a male Civil Surgeon. Once health history is reviewed with the Civil Surgeon, he or she will inform the Medical Assistant to give any further vaccinations, immunizations or blood draws.
Once all reports have been received and reviewed, you will be notified that the documents are ready to be signed.
What you need to bring
Patients are advised to bring the following to their appointment:
- Government issued picture ID such as a driver’s license or passport (if physical is for a child, the child will need photo ID as well. Parent ID will not be accepted)
- Vaccine/Immunization records (if records are in a different language they will need to be translated into English): www.uscis.gov/i-693
- Hospital or clinic records, including proof of prior treatment for tuberculosis or other infectious diseases
- Prior chest x-rays and/or other diagnostic tests
- Any mental health records
- Immigration Physical Form I-693 form (you may complete this online or you may fill one out here at the clinic. Please be sure everything is capitalized and in black ink)
- Payment (we accept cash or credit/debit. We do not accept checks).
Immigration Medical Exam Cost
Cost Per Person (paid during initial visit)
- Adults (over 15) – $450
- Children (under 15) – $380
All Exams include:
- Physical Examination by Civil Surgeon
- Gonorrhea Test
- RPR (Syphilis) Test
- TB Test (via QuantiFERON Gold
- Titers for Hep B, MMR, Varicella
Additional Labs, Vaccines, or Services as needed:
- Chest X-Ray- $80
- TDAP – $100
- MMR – $130
- HEP A – $140
- HEP B (each injection) – $145
- Varicella – $200
- Cert. Medical Translation Services – $125
- Flu (October 1- March 30) – $35
If a physical needs to be repeated because it was not submitted to USCIS within 60 days of the date it was completed and signed by the civil surgeon, the pricing is:
- Physical with paperwork- $200
- Labs, Vaccines & Services- if any of these have expired, at the same pricing as above
Let us welcome you to the USA
So let us be the first ones to say this: You’ve come so far in your visa application process and we recognize how important it is for you. We can not only help you in this step today but also ensure that we look after your healthcare needs years after your application gets approved. So call us today at 978-922-2171 to schedule your immigration physical exam and let us be the first ones to welcome you to a healthy future in the United States.